A quiet week for me, I am enjoying some downtime. It is good to rest sometimes.
I have finally upgraded my Mac to a MacBrook Pro. The upgrade has given me a chance to clear out my machine and lock down on the apps that help and remove those that just take up space. My aim was to end up with a minimal setup with less ‘stuff’ and fewer places for ‘stuff’. Something generally better and more productive – I’ve got to get an ROI on the time and money somehow!
- Firefox – for browsing.
- Quicksilver – for quick keying/sorting/doing.
- Chicken of the VNC – for controlling the other machines about the place.
- iPod notes – For using my iPod productively.
- Plaxo – for keeping contacts up to date.
- Thinkingrock – for organising life.
- Freemind – Great Mindmapping tool.
- Microsoft messenger – still my default IM.
- Skype – love it!
Then a few bookmarks and sites to keep things going:
- Bookmarks into Firefox – easy because of delicious (installing the Firefox plugin of course).
- Gmail and Google reader
- netvibes (just because it is cool)
- bloglines (not used so much any more.. hm.. time to focus on one RSS reader?)
- eBay – thankful I’m not addicted anymore, really…
- Linkedin – ah… the joys of staying in touch with good people
- Amazon – got to read!
- Facebook – ah friends!!!
- WordPress – of course!
- And a few Dashboard widgets
Few… Not quite as minimal as I would have liked. Did I miss anything off of there? Anything you would remove? I love hearing about the apps others have found useful.